Last month we published a series of lessons called TECHIE ENGLISH, written by ELT author Phil Wade. They are aimed at students interested in both technology and business and are based around contemporary topics. The lessons include vocabulary, grammar, reading, listening, speaking, writing and video-based activities.
We currently have lessons on:
- Smart eyewear: A lesson about electronic glasses that let you do video conferencing and take photos.
- 3D Printing: A lesson based on the new types of printers that let you create actual objects
- Bankrupt high street retailers: A lesson focussing on recent bankrupt retailers in the UK
- The new iPad: A lesson concerning the latest high storage iPad
- Outsourcing Social Media work: A lesson that looks at how Social Media management is being given to freelancers.
We will add new TECHIE ENGLISH lessons to English360 every month. We’d love to hear from you if you have ideas for future TECHIE ENGLISH lessons – post a comment below and we’ll do our best to use your ideas.
Image of 3D printer by Scanlime and used under Creative Commons Licence 2.0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/micahdowty/5288204047/sizes/z/in/photostream/